Re: [TR] generator vs alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] generator vs alternator
From: Anthony Rhodes <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:49:32 -0400
If you only have the original electrical devices with their normal power
demands, then the stock generator is capable of handling everything.

Note: the original headlights may have been about 40 W each compared to nearly
50% more than that for modern lights.

I have a stock generator, a good voltage, regulator, and a few LED lights. The
headlights are NOT LED. They are H4 halogen. The generator keeps up with
everything just fine.

I used the LED tail lights. I did not change any of the other running lights.

I think that my total power demand is slightly less than original.

I see no good reason to switch to an alternator!

However, if I were to add some driving lights, then I probably do not have
enough power output from the stock generator.

 on the other hand, switching to LED headlights and LED driving lights probably
would reduce my overall power demand from where it is right now.

I have not switched my headlights to LED because I am not convinced that the H4
LED replacements are as good as the halogens for the beam pattern .

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine

** triumphs@autox.team.net **