Re: [TR] Re-installing Front Suspension Springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re-installing Front Suspension Springs
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 08:24:49 -0400
agreed. Terrible product quality. I've personally never found any 'blue'
poly  worth a crap.
It use to be the blue, yellow, red and black were durometer indicators,
but that no longer seems
to be the case.

OK...primary issue with poly that most don't follow. They need to be
properly lubed during assembly.
AND do NOT tighten them down until you have the car back on the ground
in there normal road positions.
Being harder (higher durometer) they will not twist as readily. So you
are simply over twisting the crap out of them
the first time the car is lowered, ripping the urethane apart.

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com