Re: [TR] Re-installing Front Suspension Springs

To: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re-installing Front Suspension Springs
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 22:21:22 +0000
I used a spring compressor loaner from the local auto parts store once, but it
didn't work well.  The various vendors sell one like
https://mossmotors.com/386-895-suspension-spring-compressor that works much
better.  I ended up just buying a 2' long 1/2" threaded rod and some nuts and
made the same thing.

Another tip is to use some much longer bolts initially on the spring pan to
better help things line up then put in the proper shorter bolts.

Brian