Re: [TR] Floor Jack

To: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Floor Jack
From: Greg Lemon <grglmn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 21:57:24 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000008d9e690595efa9e7

I have on of the aluminum ones too, nice and low for "our" cars.  Been
working fine for 10 years or so.  Only thing, the hydraulic release is like
an on off switch unless you really finesse it, don't know if they are all
like that.

Greg Lemon
TR250

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 9:19 PM TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have gone to Home Gods with my wife more times than I can actually sleep
> through.  But today, she came with me to Harbor Freight in Manchester, NH.
> She's amazing.  She was more interested in that than I was in HG.  So now,
> we call HF the Home Goods for Guys.
> Thing is, my floor jack died.  I did fix it by bleeding the hydraulics,
> but it was an excuse to realize it never fit under the cross member or
> differential of my TR3A.  Found a Pittsburgh low-profile jack (that I
> haven't tried yet, but measurements are positive).  So excited!
> I've previously had to use a scrapped Toyota's scissor jack to hand-screw
> up enough to accommodate a floor jack, then re-jack with a floor jack.
> Reverse the procedure to get the car back onto the floor.  Oh, I cannot
> wait!
>
> So question.  HB Pittsburgh floor jacks seem "okay" for the price.
> Thoughts?
>
> Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
> New Hampshire, where the color is gone, the leaves have dropped, it's
> raining, and the end is near.
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/grglmn@gmail.com

--0000000000008d9e690595efa9e7

t;our&quot; cars.=C2=A0 Been working fine for 10 years or so.=C2=A0 Only th=
ing, the hydraulic release is like an on off switch unless you really fines=
se it, don&#39;t know if they are all like that.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct=
 27, 2019, 9:19 PM TERRY SMITH &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:terryrs@comcast.net";>t=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
u></u>

 =20
  =20
=20
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   I have gone to Home Gods with my wife more times than I can actually sle=
ep through.=C2=A0 But today, she came with me to Harbor Freight in Manchest=
er, NH.=C2=A0 She&#39;s amazing.=C2=A0 She was more interested in that than=
 I was in HG.=C2=A0 So now, we call HF the Home Goods for Guys.=C2=A0=C2=A0
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   Thing is, my floor jack died.=C2=A0 I did fix it by bleeding the hydraul=
ics, but it was an excuse to realize it never fit under the cross member or=
 differential of my TR3A.=C2=A0 Found a Pittsburgh low-profile jack (that I=
 haven&#39;t tried yet, but measurements are positive).=C2=A0 So excited!
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   I&#39;ve previously had to use a scrapped Toyota&#39;s scissor jack to h=
and-screw up enough to accommodate a floor jack, then re-jack with a floor =
jack.=C2=A0 Reverse the procedure to get the car back onto the floor.=C2=A0=
 Oh, I cannot wait!
:rgb(51,51,51)">
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   So question.=C2=A0 HB Pittsburgh floor jacks seem &quot;okay&quot; for t=
he price.=C2=A0 Thoughts?
:rgb(51,51,51)">
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   Terry Smith, &#39;59 Tr3A
:rgb(51,51,51)">
   New Hampshire, where the color is gone, the leaves have dropped, it&#39;=
s raining, and the end is near.
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nore=
ferrer">triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>