Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:08:56 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--047d7bd918e48a4819051211b44a

Possibly this is the one with hi/lo?  This auction mentions that you're
supposed to tell him which bulb you want which I take to mean ask for the
H4 hi/lo bulbs.

http://tinyurl.com/phogabf

Sometimes I wonder if English is my primary language :)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > The thing that caught my eye about the LED H4 inserts listed
> > below is the fact that there is no HI/LO dimmer feature.
> > Apparently the bulbs are one brightness and that's it.
>
> Possibly I linked to the wrong ones.  The ones I got very definitely
> change brightness and direction (and power) and have H4 plugs
> (H11 plug is different).  I didn't have any smoked glass handy to check
> (no way am I going to look directly at them), but I believe
> what happens is that only the two LEDs nearest the tip operate on "low
> beam", and the third kicks in for "high beam".  Keep in mind
> that each of the three LEDs puts out more light than a standard H4 bulb.
>
> Not certain, but I think the "one position" comment in the ad only applies
> to the H11/H9/H8 version of the bulb.  Those bulbs were
> single filament originally, so it makes sense that the replacement would
> be the same.  One of the photos makes the point that the
> H11 replacement is the same except for the mounting flange and power
> supply/plug.  The seller apparently does not edit the ad to
> match the bulb being offered.  (Very likely, English is not his/her
> primary language.)
>
> At any rate, I'm just reporting what I did.  Caveat emptor and all that.
> If you have doubts, I recommend contacting the seller
> directly.
>
> -- Randall
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/bkahler1@gmail.com

--047d7bd918e48a4819051211b44a

on mentions that you&#39;re supposed to tell him which bulb you want which =
ail_quote">On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Randall <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:TR3driver@ca.rr.com"; target=3D"_blank">TR3driver@ca.rr.com=
:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">&gt; The thing tha=
t caught my eye about the LED H4 inserts listed<br>
&gt; below is the fact that there is no HI/LO dimmer feature.<br>
&gt; Apparently the bulbs are one brightness and that&#39;s it.<br>
Possibly I linked to the wrong ones.=C2=A0 The ones I got very definitely c=
hange brightness and direction (and power) and have H4 plugs<br>
(H11 plug is different).=C2=A0 I didn&#39;t have any smoked glass handy to =
check (no way am I going to look directly at them), but I believe<br>
what happens is that only the two LEDs nearest the tip operate on &quot;low=
 beam&quot;, and the third kicks in for &quot;high beam&quot;.=C2=A0 Keep i=
n mind<br>
that each of the three LEDs puts out more light than a standard H4 bulb.<br=

Not certain, but I think the &quot;one position&quot; comment in the ad onl=
y applies to the H11/H9/H8 version of the bulb.=C2=A0 Those bulbs were<br>
single filament originally, so it makes sense that the replacement would be=
 the same.=C2=A0 One of the photos makes the point that the<br>
H11 replacement is the same except for the mounting flange and power supply=
/plug.=C2=A0 The seller apparently does not edit the ad to<br>
match the bulb being offered.=C2=A0 (Very likely, English is not his/her pr=
imary language.)<br>
At any rate, I&#39;m just reporting what I did.=C2=A0 Caveat emptor and all=
 that.=C2=A0 If you have doubts, I recommend contacting the seller<br>
directly.<br>
-- Randall<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>