Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim

To: "'dave n'" <dave@ranteer.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:52:13 -0700
> on a tr3 (not tr3a) the headlight trim ring just snaps on?
> and stays there?  why is there a hole in the trim ring at the bottom?

Should actually be two holes, I believe.  The large one with a dimple around it
is for the screw that holds the retaining ring on.
There is a smaller hole (actually two of them on the repro rings I have) that
allows any trapped water to hopefully drain.

Of course, to use the screw, you have to have both the correct rings and the
correct buckets.  They were hard to find for a long
time, which is probably why TS13571L came to me with the later type in the box
o'parts.

I also just finished carefully grinding down the inside lip of the reproduction
rings, for a better fit over the tabs on the bucket.
They fit much better now, and come off easily once the screw is removed.
Before grinding down the lip, they did more-or-less snap
into place and were very difficult to remove.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive