Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim

To: "'Geo Hahn'" <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 headlight rim
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:34:51 -0700
Cc: 'Triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> But I'm thinking I'm not totally out of luck as I already
> have relays in place for main and dip beams so I can use
> those to provide alternate (positive) grounds to the two hot
> leads and run the dedicated 12V (negative) that I am using
> now to the ground lead on the headlamp plug.

Sounds good to me, but be sure to check for any sneak grounds.  I don't know of
any reason the common terminal would be connected to
the case of the ballast or the shell of the "bulb" (or the heatsink), but
strange things happen sometimes.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive