Re: [TR] Dash support bolt and transmission mount

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Dash support bolt and transmission mount
From: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:07:33 -0400

------=_Part_157842_1544506446.1427144848432

Indeed, the mount was designed around the J-type overdrive and the extension
was used to adapt the non-OD transmission to it.  Getting the nuts installed
and tightened is one of the more fiddly bits on this car.  Clean the threads
thoroughly and you can run the nuts down most of the way by hand.  It will save
you a few minutes and some aggravation.

The bolts used to attach the dashboard support to the frame below the floor
board are 1/4-28.  Good place for Helicoils.

Dave Massey