[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif
From: <bill_beecher@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 09:55:08 -0500
Getting ready to help a friend move to DOT5 brake fluid and the question
arose as how to best flush the system and cylinders.  I have always started
with an empty system on a re-build and have never addressed a changeover.

He was told to flush alcohol throught the system afer draining the DOT3 to
help rid any dampness in the system, but I wondered if it will damage any of
the rubber bits.

Also, I don't see how we can get 100% of the DOT3 out, there is bound to be
some residue, will there be a serious compatibility issue with a slight mix
of the different types?

BTW, Happy Birthday to TS30766L on Cinco de Mayo... Ole!

Many thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
 <http://www.triumphowners.com/1566> www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there"  Will Rodgers

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive