Re: [TR] Sudden change in idle

To: terryrs@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Sudden change in idle
From: "William L. Smith" <smithw1@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:17:57 -0400
Terry,

I don't know if you've found the cause yet, but I had a similar problem
about 5 years ago.  By accident, I found out that the problem was stale gas
(I had last filled up during the late fall/winter when they were using a
winter formulation here in NJ).  On my way to my favorite Triumph mechanic
to get the problem diagnosed, I realized the tank was low on gas so I
stopped to fill up.  As soon as I pulled away from the gas station, my
idle/stalling problem was gone.

If you filled up recently, it's also possible that you got some bad gas.
That happened to me once, and also to my daughter-in-law.

Bill Smith

'72 TR6

'80 TR7

http://www.vtr.org