[TR] Sudden change in idle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Sudden change in idle
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:31:13 +0000
TR3A runs throaty and smooth and driving speeds, with power to spare.  But
since yesterday when I come to a stop, the idle drops to about 500 rpm, keeps
it about a minute, and then dies altogether.
Timing of this does seem to coincide with a recent heat wave in the Northeast,
where we've been having 90 degree weather.  (At least I'm convinced all the
snow is now gone....)
Has electronic ignition.  No smell of fuel.  Did a recent valve
adjustment...may have gotten them a bit tighter than I should since I measured
them to .10 at warm instead of cold.
Suspect fuel.  Sounds like one of the carbs is off.  Will look to see if the
choke hung up on one of them.
Any ideas where to start?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire