Re: [TR] Sudden change in idle

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Sudden change in idle
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:11:14 EDT
Terry,
Resetting the idle screw and setting back is such an easy fix I would try
that first.  This is the reason why.  On Earth Day I went out and  dumped my
290
HP Infinity and bought a Honda Civic Hybrid.  At this stage,  seeing how much
I can max the mileage is still a game.  I can tell  you, without a doubt,
that the source of the fuel has a fairly significant  impact on the mileage
that
this car gets.  Keep in mind that it has two  gauges.  One that tells me real
time what the mileage is and one that tells  me the cumulative mileage over
distance.
Not to start political bantering here, but I believe that corn belongs in a
tortilla, not in my gas tank. (at least the science I read says that it is  an
inefficient fuel, and uses too much oil to make).  Anyway, down here in  FL
is now to the point where you cannot buy non Ethanol fuel anymore.  My  3A is
being finished, but I definitely notice a change in idle quality with my  TR6.

The SUs are so simple that there are a couple of choices should your idle
increase, but idle dropping?  If there was fuel starvation I would think  that
you would see it in acceleration and running at speed, but you say you  don't.
When it doesn't do it cold, is the choke all the way in?

I would balance the carbs and tweak the idle screws.  It may be the  fuel.

My two Euros worth.

BTW, great time to be a New Englander.  I was born in the granite  state and
lived in the Bay State.
In my shop I have a circa 1930s colorized picture of The Old Man of the
Mountains.  May he rest in peace.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO