[TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List),Chux.Stuff@GMail.Com
Subject: [TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:27:15 +0000
The secret is the 90 degree angle drive which attaches to the output of the OD.
 It is on the passenger side of the OD, as you know.  The angle drive will
interfere a little on the transmission cover.  Ideally you cut a hole and
fabricate a little "bump" that clears the angle drive and seals well to the
cover.  Preferably removable in case you need to service the angle drive or
cable.

The LONG cable specified for the OD in the TR4a is not correct.  Try using the
original speedo cable and see how it fits.  I think I needed an extrra few
inches, but not nearly as much as the cable specified.  Once you have an idea
of what length you need, then look at the various cables available and pick the
best one.

-Tony

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net