[TR] TR3A Broken new windscreen

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Broken new windscreen
From: Allan Reich <areich@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:33:38 -0700
I recently purchased a new windscreen from California (my old windscreen
was very pitted), got it home to Canada, and had it installed in the
frame by my local auto glass shop.

After attaching the framed windcseen to the stanchions, as I was
mounting it to the body (post TS60000) with the bolts, the windscreen
cracked on the drivers side. The next day, as I was attaching the top, I
got a matching crack on the passenger side.  Both these cracks start at
the exact middle of the curve between the side moulding and the top
moulding, and go down and across the windscreen to almost the same
distance from the sides. They look like twins but one is about 11" from
the one side, and the other is 12" from the other side.

Any thoughts on why this happened and who should I go after??

I am also sending some pictures and questions to Moss to see if they
have any thoughts or have had supplier issues.

Allan Reich
Vancouver  1960 TR3A - TS65713L

===     http://www.vtr.org