[TR] TR3 Clutch question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Clutch question
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:07:21 EDT
Hi all;

I have a very early TR3A, built Oct.'57. I was lapping Mosport race  track at
very low speed/low revs, when the clutch pedal suddenly went very firm.
Testing shows it is slipping too, but is still driveable (just). A good friend
suggests this is likely to be the pin that locates the throwout bearing fork on

the cross shaft. I don't disbelieve this at all, but I seem to remember
having  the same problem many years ago, probably with a Mk.1 Spit, and it
turned
out to  be something like internal master or slave seals, whereby the fluid
leaked past  them (but remained in the cylinder---the fluid is full on my car)
and made the  pedal very firm. Pressing the pedal therefore felt horribly firm
and had a bit  of an effect in that the clutch would do its clutching thing,
but not to  acceptable standards. I must admit it "feels" like it's a hydraulic
problem on  the pedal, but I could be wrong. Any ideas??? PS, slave cylinder
is not very  old, nor is the clutch assembly. Thanks! Tim.

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, Ontario,  K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Green Industry
 professionals) and the Canadian Nursery Landscape  Association

===     http://www.vtr.org