Re: [TR] British Invasion query and this weekend's outing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] British Invasion query and this weekend's outing
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:55:47 +0000
> Well, Terry (and everyone else), I wanted to let you know that today
> I took a vacation day from the office and we drove the GT6 up I93 to
> camp at Lafayette Place in Franconia Notch. We even paid the toll at
> Hookset (twice, as you will see) so Nirvana is now within reach.

Jim, the State of New Hampshire lauds you for your choice of the one
and true vacation place in America, the land of living free or dying
(albeit the land of "Live Free or Die" is debating the merits of
mandatory seat belts...go figure THAT one out because I can't....).
Because of your appropriate choice, on behalf of New Hampshire I find
I may now assure you and all that there will now be life after death
and world peace in our lifetime, or that of the galaxy, whichever ends later.

On a personal note, thank you for contributing to my salary.  This
week I don't have to put on my pitiful face to sell flowers at the
toll booths and offer to clean windshields.

>We got within 30
> miles of The Notch and water started pouring from the sky.

You are welcome for the water.  In most stores, it costs $.99 for 12
ounces in a plastic bottle, but in New Hampshire, yes, we give it away
as if it were water (...which metaphor actually doesn't work anymore
does it?).  Moreover, you did not get charged a dime of sales tax on
that free water either, eh?

> Well, the camping didn't happen but it isn't every day we get to do
> the London-Edinburg-and-back run. It was a fun drive.

Fun is 90% who you are, and 10% where you are.  I enjoy this list so
much because people here seem to get that.  Come back to New Hampshire
again, Jim.  Let me know when you're coming, we'll have a cup of
coffee.  ...If you meet me at The Friendly Soup Kitchen, I'll treat!

Terry

===     http://www.vtr.org