[TR] Rocky Mtn TR Club Driving up Pikes Peak 24 June 2007

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack
Subject: [TR] Rocky Mtn TR Club Driving up Pikes Peak 24 June 2007
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:27:02 -0600
If any one is listening, Rocky Mountain Triumph Club is driving up Pikes
Peak on Sunday 24 June 2007 at 9:45 am.
Here is the scoop:

/Sunday, June 24. Pike's Peak Run. The road should be nicely thawed by
now and in good shape for the July 4 hill climb. We haven't done a Pikes
Peak drive in quite a while. Please be sure that your cooling system and
brakes are in good condition for this one. We will meet at the Shamrock
Station at C-470 and Santa Fe at 7:30AM, leave at 8:00AM and take an
interesting route (not the one through Palmer Lake this time) to Pikes
Peak. You can meet us at the Pikes Peak entry booth at 9:45 if you
aren't driving down from Denver. There will be several miles of unpaved
road, but then, the 19 miles up Pikes Peak isn't paved either. Entrance
is $10.00 per person but we are trying to get a group discount which may
bring the cost to $7.00 per person. Please RSVP to Terry Hughes at 303
428-5291 or Andy DeVisscher at 303 452-8806. And please remember to
bring warm clothing as it is likely to be cold at the top, even in June.
Hopefully we won't get stuck behind a family in a Winnebago eating lunch
while they drive./

This is otherwise called the "Drive to the Clouds"
About 14110 feet to the top of Pikes Peak. This is the same road that is
raced on July 4th, called "Race to the Clouds", done in about 10
minutes, no guard rails and dirt road.

Ought to be a good test out for the drive to VTR.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org