[TR] Overdrive -- fluif leak

To: "Triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Overdrive -- fluif leak
From: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:06:08 -0400
The TR3A has the engine in and is running - no leaks, EXCEPT a very slow drop
every few hours at the big - 3 inch - brass overdrive drain.
I've really tried to have a leak free car - at least for now.  But this one is
baffling.
I'm on my fourth drainage and reseal.
I've gotten a new fiber washer from TRF and soaked it in gasket sealer.  I've
checked for burrs and found none. I'm considering trying two of the fiber
washers soaked in the gasket sealer then gasket sealer on the OD and on the
sealing surface of the plug.
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance
Tom
61 TR3A    should be ready for VTR
62  TR4  next in line
73 Stag   -   drove her today, ran like a top, back-up vehicle for VTR

===     http://www.vtr.org