Re: [TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:04:23 -0400
On Sunday 17 June 2007 02:59 pm, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Hi list,
> Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?  Although this question is not part of a
> scientific survey, I am wanting to wire my console so that the panel lights
> are not dim-able and stay bright.
>     Doing this will enable me to install a second 'starter push switch'
> into the panel light's dash hole.  (It seems that I overordered this switch
> by mistake, now I have two).  Now, I bet that if I install it 'inline' of
> the regular push-start switch then... I'll have a super-high-tech theft
> protection device, and of course, I will have to secretly push both
> push-starter switches to crank her.  The genaric knob for this second
> switch looks like a turn knob on some American car.  It might foil 3% of
> car theives (maybe more). Is there a downside to having two starter
> switches... like, they would both incur too much resistance if used
> togather?
> and of course.. 'do folks dim their panel lights anyway?'
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Dorsey
> 60 TR3

Paul,

I dont have the dimmer on the 3 but there is one on the 4.

The 3 just has a on - off panel switch.

Was the dimmer on the 3 an option or did it just come later, after 58?

anyway, I doubt I will ever dim the lights on the 4, but I did manage to get
the switch working as it should.

When we dim the lights on the 2000 Saturn LS, the service light comes on until
we turn off the ignition and restart the car!

So we never dim the lights on the Saturn!

Must be some gremlin there somewhere!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org