[TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:59:34 -0400
Hi list,
Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?  Although this question is not part of a
scientific survey, I am wanting to wire my console so that the panel lights
are not dim-able and stay bright.
    Doing this will enable me to install a second 'starter push switch' into
the panel light's dash hole.  (It seems that I overordered this switch by
mistake, now I have two).  Now, I bet that if I install it 'inline' of the
regular push-start switch then... I'll have a super-high-tech theft protection
device, and of course, I will have to secretly push both push-starter switches
to crank her.  The genaric knob for this second switch looks like a turn knob
on some American car.  It might foil 3% of car theives (maybe more).
    Is there a downside to having two starter switches... like, they would
both incur too much resistance if used togather?
and of course.. 'do folks dim their panel lights anyway?'

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org