Re: [TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Who dims their TR3 Panel lights?
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:26:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/2007 12:00:01 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:

Who dims  their TR3 Panel lights?  Although this question is not part of  a
scientific survey, I am wanting to wire my console so that the panel  lights
are not dim-able and stay bright.
Doing this will  enable me to install a second 'starter push switch' into
the panel light's  dash hole.  (It seems that I overordered this switch by
mistake, now I  have two).  Now, I bet that if I install it 'inline' of the
regular  push-start switch then... I'll have a super-high-tech theft
protection
device, and of course, I will have to secretly push both  push-starter
switches
to crank her.  The genaric knob for this second  switch looks like a turn knob
on some American car.  It might foil 3%  of car theives (maybe more).
Is there a downside to having  two starter switches... like, they would
both incur too much resistance if  used togather?
and of course.. 'do folks dim their panel lights  anyway?'

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

Paul, some people wire the dash lights so they're always on with the
headlights, then use the instrument on off switch in series with the ignition
switch
(not the starter) as a anti-theft device. In that case you would have  to
turn the key on, the the instrument light switch. A thief would crank  the car
like crazy and it wouldn't start without the instrument light switch  being on.
Mike Moore .

===     http://www.vtr.org