Re: [TR] Re: tr3 dash

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: tr3 dash
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:23:52 -0400
On Saturday 16 June 2007 08:36 am, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> I am attempting to reconnect my center console, however, the exisiting
> wires seem to be limiting my ability to reconnect them.  I don't think it
> would do any harm to lengthen many of the wires, in fact, adding as much as
> 2ft. of wire might allow me to change things without removing the dash.  Is
> there any downside to doing this?  (I will try to use heavyier wire-like 12
> ga. where needed.)
>     I am also hard wiring the panel light switch to, in effect, to remain
> bright, since the rheostat is broken.  OK?
>
> Paul Dorsey  (NDaTR- 'Never Driven a Triumph')
> 60 TR3
Paul,

When I re-did my dash, I added length to a number of wires. I soldered them
and used double shrink tubing to cover and insulate the connection. I would
avoid using those crimping wire joiners as they can come apart.

A heat gun comes in very handy to shrink the tubing just where you need the
heat.

You may be able to repair the rheostat. My rheostat did not work on my
recently completed TR4 and all I had to do was take it apart, clean all the
contacts with 600 sand paper, re-assemble and worked just like new.

Also the switches are always on ebay.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org