[TR] TR 3 transmission cover seal

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs'"
Subject: [TR] TR 3 transmission cover seal
From: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:21:22 -0800
What is everyone using to seal the transmission cover to the floor and
bulkhead? I spent a couple of hours last weekend getting the transmission
cover off of out TR3. The previous owner had used silicone sealer under the
flanges and it was a struggle to get the cover loose. I would like something
that sealed out the water, oil, dirt, fumes etc. but was still easy to
remove for maintenance. I noticed that TRF (part# GCS6) and Moss (part#
680-428) have rubber seal kits for the TR4. Do these fit the TR3? Our TR3
has a metal transmission cover. Any other suggestions?
Mike Denman

===     http://www.vtr.org