[TR] TR4 Cutting Out Under Load

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Cutting Out Under Load
From: "Ed Purcell" <epurcell05@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:36:13 -0400
Hi Listers,  I have a late TR4 with a fairly new Pertronix distributor.  It
ran fine for a while after installation.  I attempted to adjust the ZS 175's
due to a rough idle with poor results.  I then reseated the jets and backed
off three turns per the manual.  The car now revs fine in neutral.  On the
road it cuts out.  The higher the gear, the lower RPM the miss begins.
Hence the greater the load the poorer the performance.  All ideas
appreciated.  Thanks,

Ed Purcell
Clinton, TN

===     http://www.vtr.org