[TR] Water Pump Rebuilding

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Water Pump Rebuilding
From: "McEwen, Art (MOH)" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:17:23 -0400
>  You can get replacement seals from Victoria British.....

I saw them there as well, I just pulled my original type (possibly
original original) water pump and replaced it with a Moss 6 blade one
(BFE were out of stock) and I'm glad I took that route, under 2 hours
the evening it arrived, the engine is now a LOT quieter and I presume
the pump capacity is higher.

However I wouldn't mine rebuilding the old one (next winter) to have as
a spare or flog on ebay to all those who demand a grease nipple in their
lives.   Any idea the tolerances/thicknesses that need to be remaining
in the shaft?

Art McEwen

===     http://www.vtr.org