RE: [TR] TR3A Removing Splined Extension Hub

To: "'David Willett and Carol Gray'" <willgray@vaxxine.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A Removing Splined Extension Hub
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:00:59 -0700
>    Before I resort to more heroic methods such as a nut
> splitter, or metal cutting devises, is there anything else I
> might consider?  I will ultimately want to re-install the
> splined hubs.

Dave,

I think you've pretty well covered the options.

My only comment is that those nuts are not supposed to be that tight, and
the studs may have already been damaged by overtightening.  My suggestion
would be to replace the studs & nuts when you reinstall the adapters.  The
front studs are easy to replace, and not too expensive (from the usual
suspects).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org