[TR] TR3A Removing Splined Extension Hub

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Removing Splined Extension Hub
From: David Willett and Carol Gray <willgray@vaxxine.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:49:22 -0400
For reasons that are too esoteric to explain, I need to remove the
two splined extension hubs for wire wheels from the the front
suspension of my (under re-construction)  TR3A. So far I have managed
to undo four of the (total) eight nuts, but the remaining four are
resisting all my efforts which to date have comprised repeated
applications of PB Blaster, heat and and impact wrench.
   Before I resort to more heroic methods such as a nut splitter, or
metal cutting devises, is there anything else I might consider?  I
will ultimately want to re-install the splined hubs.

  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

  Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org