[TR] Tenax Q

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [TR] Tenax Q
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:50:12 +0100
Hello all,
I am in  the process of re-covering all the roll top parts for the
Tr2, using original aluminum bases from a number of cars collected
over the years. Can anybody tell me if the Tenax male parts go
through or below the rear deck trim and the same question for the
side pieces, all photos I look at have the hood in place and even
when the hood is down the rear is still connected so I cannot see the
roll trim below. BTW I decided to slightly pad out the rear and side
roll trims with a thin wadding, this helped me deal with the dings
and dents in the aluminum. I have the slightly later dash roll trim,
the one with the Tenax fittings passing through the base.
Another Q can I fit the dash with the steering column and wheel in
place, I hope the answer is yes!!.
Regards
John

1954 TR2 (long door)