[TR] Stereo head unit connections

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Stereo head unit connections
From: "Bruce Cairns, D.D.S." <cairnsbk@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:03:18 -0800
Hello Listers,
I'm ready to connect a new stereo head unit on my '74 TR6 and (being somewhat
of an electronics simpleton) have a question: on the connection harness
supplied with the Pioneer head unit, there is a yellow wire tagged "to
battery."  This is an "always on" connection to preserve radio pre-sets and
clock settings.  The installation instructions for the head unit say NOT to
run the yellow wire through the firewall into the engine compartment.  I
assume they want the connection made on the cockpit side of the firewall.
What is the safest way to make this connection i.e. what wire should I connect
this yellow "always on" lead to?  The other leads are: red - to ignition
"Aux/Accessory" contact, black - ground, and blue - to amp remote turn on.  As
always, thank you all for sharing your incredible body on knowledge/experience
with the list.
Bruce Cairns
'74 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org