RE: [TR] wheels

To: "Tony and Jeanne" <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] wheels
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:43:44 -0800
> I have an opportunity to purchase a set of TR6 steel wheels and trim rings.
> Can anyone tell me if they will fit on my TR3A without problems?

I have TR6 wheels on my TR3A, they fit fine.  Of course you'll also have to
choose tires that fit; and that may also affect your speedometer calibration.
Stock TR6 tires will probably fit OK, but they will make your speedo read low.

> If I am correct, my wires are 5 1/2 and the steel wheels are 6 1/2 wide.

TR6 steel wheels are only 5.5" wide (as wheels are normally measured, between
the bead seats).

> I know that if I wanted to put them on I would have to change out the
> wheel studs.

FWIW, if you want to be able to switch between steel & wire wheels, it's
possible to use a spacer under the splined adapters, so they fit properly with
the longer steel wheel studs.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org