[TR] Bikers waving ar LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Bikers waving ar LBC
From: banc8004@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 03:14:16 +0000
I have recently retired from the motorcycling community. Eight weeks
in an arm cast after a disagreement of rRght of Way with a white
tailed deer can have a profound effect on you....The silver lining in
this personal cloud is that it led me to a 1963 TR4 that I am just
learning to get dirty with, if you know what I mean.

When I rode...on a Triumph, coincidentally... I always waved at
interesting cars.  It was a recognition that we both (the car driver
and I) had decided to go beyond the norms of transport to ride or
drive something that is not dictated by today's expectations; it's the
choice to travel in a cherished working treasure from decades ago (or
for even modern motorcycles, a socially-marginalised mode of
transport) that brings great pleasure and sense of freedom.

Irrespective of our motive to drive these adorable cars,
Motorcyclists, who live 'in the environment' even more than 'open car'
drivers do, respect anyone who is motoring for the love of motoring,
as opposed to the gas-and-go drivers, in modern motoboxes, who are
more focused on their cell phone than the road users around them.

Do not be surprised when motorcyclists wave. More than that: why dont
ywe offer the wave first?

Brian Jones
Valley Forge

===     http://www.vtr.org