[TR] Heater Fan Switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Heater Fan Switch
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:00:10 -0500
I am delighted that the heater fan switch I found used on E-Bay works.when I
jiggle to find the one spot in the swipe that seems to send current to the
fan.

I'd like to replace the switch.  Looking at the Moss catalog, I find it's
part number 635-180, and is listed at $120.

I cannot pay $120 for a switch.  My skin has broken out in hives.  I hiccup
uncontrollably into my psychoanalyst's shoulder, and s/he cries with me.  My
wife says to just pay it, which just shows how out of tune with nature this
is.  My hair has turned yellow.  .Oh wait, it's always been yellow.but you
get the idea.

This is a daily driver.  Originality is not an issue.  .And my navy aviation
electronics career back in 1969 was.well.back in 1969, so I need to ask a
dumb question.

If I install a simple on-off switch, what would it need to be rated, and
should I patch in a resistor to limit the circuit somehow?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667  (On the road this summer for the first time
since 1975, and running S.L.I.C.K.!)

New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org