[TR] A-Arm question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] A-Arm question
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
Date:           Sat, 3 Jun 2006
From:           "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>

> Does anybody have a front a-arm upper and or lower
out of their car that they could measure the width of
the socket where the bushings fit with a set of
micrometers or calipers? I am looking for TR6 but I
believe the TR4 is the same (maybe).

I checked two TR4 arms, one was 1.135" the other
1.125".  Plus or minus a couple.
-Randal
-------------
Hi List!
I don't beleive that TR4 & TR4A Upper & lower A-arms
are the same. I say this because I own a TR4/A &
bought a 'parts car' TR4 thinking that I could use a
lot of the TR4 parts [if needed] to replace any
possable broken TR4/A parts. Well, when I went to
disassemble both left side front susspensions & see
which parts could be interchanged with each other &
recall that None of the parts are interchangable.
I would like the list members stat if they found this
to be true or was it a fluke for me?

Therefore, if the arms are different then which 'TR4'
or TR4/A front suspension what actually measured?
I some how think that the TR4 is close/same as the TR3
series. Therefore; TR4/A is close/same to the TR250->
TR6's.
Is the TR6 front suspenssion the same as the TR7? I
don't know my TRIUMPH's that well, sorry :>(.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org