[TR] Canister type oil filters

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Canister type oil filters
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:42:34 -0400
     I have 2 brands of canister oil filters for the TR6.  One, by
crosslands, has an opening on one end about and inch across, ant the
other end has a hole the size of the canister bolt and is surrounded be
4 smaller holes.  I have a wix filter that has the one inch opening on
both sides.  Which is correct, or does it matter?  I put the crosslands
on with the closed end with the holes toward the block.  This seemed
correct as the bolt kept it centered.  Is this correct?  If I use the
wix, which seems to be be much better made and slightly larger in
diameter, will it self center?   Thanks for any help.   John Mitchell
76 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org