[TR] A-arm question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] A-arm question
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 05:41:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:

> tr4a2712@yahoo.com writes:
> > Hi List!
> > I don't beleive that TR4 &TR4A Upper &lower A-arms
> > are the same. ...
> >
> This is immediately evident when looking at the ball
> joints.  The mounting is
> completely different.  The diameter of the bushing
> probably changed with the
> change in ball joint.  I don't know when the change
> occurred but I am willing
> to wager it changed at the TR4 - TR4A changeover.
> Dave Massey

Thank You Dave for confirming this info. The reason
that I asked this question is that you & Randall both
mentioned that you measured a TR4 arm, But you didn't
state if it was a TR4/A arm or not. Which I & you
agree are different. Therfore my last question is:
When doing the measurement on the A-arms, Was that
really a TR4 A-arm or a TR4/A A-arm?

The org. question was:
What's the measurment of a TR6 A-arm, & the
measurements were taken NOT from a TR6 but a TR4 or
TR4/A A-arm.

I hope that I haven't confused the issue, but I'm NOT
quite clear on the replies that were given.
//////////////
Hi List!
This is what I have recived so far in reguarding my
concern about the org. TR6 A-arm question. Being on
the TR Digest list, people may have replied to the org
TR List, but I haven't received the most resent
Digest, yet. So there may be others who have replied,
but I don't know what their replies were, yet.

The main reason that I'm concerned is because I'm
saving E-mails that relate to TR4 & Mostly TR4/A. I'd
hate to pass on incorrect info. or unclear info. As I
did reguarding 'Repairing Fuel Float Bowls'. In that
case the info. that Randall gave to the person & That
Person did NOT post his result findings to the List.
Therefore, I was not aware that the info. that I
pasted on to the list was in correct, which I have
modifided now. TIA

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org