Re: TR3A Wheelchair type and transport

To: fpgowash@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Wheelchair type and transport
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:57:12 EST
I'd be concerned about putting too much weight in the trunk lid, not because
it would bend but more because the latch might pop in a frontal crash.

I'm thinking of something that attaches to the body on either side of the
trunk lid or a frame that is formed to match body contours.  It would attach to
the bumper on the bottom with a hinge and to the body on the top with a latch.
Someone suggested a plywood box, that was my thought too, make a bubble on
the lid to house the chair wheel making it sort of look like a spare tire.

A small trailer is a good idea too though it complicates parking and
reversing a bit.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org