Re: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -

To: Creig Houghtaling <oldtoys@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -
From: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:33:16 -0700
My neighbor came over with something he called a power hack saw. 30 seconds
and one end on each side was cut off including metal tube. Dropped a big
screwdriver down the remaining tube and forced it our in a few blows with
hammer. Trailing arm is now reattached (with new poly bushings) along with
the drive shaft, new spring and poly packing. If I didn't have to run to the
airport to pick up my better half I would have it all back together tonight.

Finish in the morning. I'll check and see how much faster the passenger side
goes now that I've almost done one and post that I'm 100% complete (with car
not xmas lights).

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THE LIST WHO SENT TIPS/INSTRUCTIONS AND COMMENTS TO
GETTING ME THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty
1974 TR6 with some new parts in the rear suspension!