RE: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -

To: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -
From: "Creig Houghtaling" <oldtoys@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:02:41 -0600
 otherwise I'll start
drilling through the rubber (any easier way?). I did get the new slip boot
on as well.

Marty,
My tool for this job is a section of pipe that has an inside diameter
slightly larger then the rubber bushings and length a little longer.  This,
a vice, and some smaller pieces (like large sockets) to push on the rubber
did the trick for me.  Your old ones are likely to get torn up on removal,
but that doesn't matter if you are replacing them with new ones.  I used
soap and water to help the new ones slide in a little easier.
Creig