Re: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -

To: marty.tr6@gmail.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rookie Doing TR6 Rear Trailing Arm Bushings and Springs -
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:35:12 EST
In a message dated 11/26/2005 3:56:27 PM Central Standard Time,
marty.tr6@gmail.com writes:
> Finished my Xmas lights and finally got back to the car. After getting the
> inner mounting bracket loose, I got the outer to drop clear with some gentle
> hammering. Semi bad news is the current bushings look fine and won't budge.
> Called around to parts stores to see if they have a press - no luck. I'm
> going to send an email to the local club members otherwise I'll start
> drilling through the rubber (any easier way?).

Drilling out the rubber is an excellent way to remove the old bushings and it
is not that hard.  Pick a drill bit that is a little bit smaller than the
space between the steel sleeve and the arm.  Once you make a few passes the
bushing will collapse enough for easy removal.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org