tappets out of order

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tappets out of order
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:04:43 -0500
Your input is requested:
When I disassembled my engine I did not keep the tappets in any certain
order.  My reputable engine shop said that it didn't matter.  However, a
retired Triumph autoracer and mechanic (not on this list) told me that on
every engine he's rebuilt he's kept them in order.  Is it that important to
keep the tappets in their original order?

My engine shop has yet to put my engine's head on, so it's not too late...

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org