RE: TR6 high rpm performance

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 high rpm performance
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:00:25 -0500
Aaah yes, the Internet classic poem:

A Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

I concur with Randall. Despite all the moaning you hear from people who do not
actually drive LBCs, I have found my carburetor LBC to be much more reliable
than most modern machines. I certainly am driving on the original Strombergs
for my TR6, while I have replaced all of the electronics in my Buick's
injection control system. And I understand that GM's 3.8l V-6 is a miracle of
stability compared to most other systems out there. I am given to understand
from the LBC people on the list that if I drive another 100,000 miles I may
actually have to buy a pair of $10 needles which can be replaced in rather
short order.

>From what I hear, the biggest issue on the Stromberg and SU carbs is to make
sure that there are no vacuum leaks around the throttle shafts. Apparently the
pros offer re-bushing services that eliminate most of the difficult
idle-related issues. I'm certainly planning to have my units over-hauled
shortly, but the car sure still drives better than my friend's much much more
recent pickup truck did when it's carburetor when south.

Cheers,

Mark
Sent: Mon 21/11/2005 10:06 PM
To: Triumphs@autox.team.net

<<Eye halve a spelling chequer ...>>

Dat would 60% Correct, Randall??

FIVE "words" but in "context" the "a", "spelling" and "chequer" ARE
"correct"?!?!?!?

Do the eyes have it???

Or is it only 50%??

<G>