Re: TR6 high rpm performance

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 high rpm performance
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:43:00 -0600
I did not see the org. post BUT:

<<> a friend in the Brit car repair business said "Replace the
> carburetors! They wear out! I have to do it all the time.">>

That "friend" is NOT one.

That "friend" is NOT any sort of LBC mechanic.

<<> I converted my 1971 TR6 to SU carbs.>>

Cool!

<< The car ran wonderfully for six
> months and then began to falter. It finally got to the point that
> instead of a high speed miss, it would buck and jump and was
> undriveable over 40 mph. After working on it for a whole week doing
> everything that has ever been mentioned on the list plus a few more,  >>

Not having car in hand, I will flat say that you missed something<G>!

My very First question is had you changed all the ignition parts at the time
you changed carbs??
Do carbs have a heat shield??
Is there a fuel filter??
What fuel pump??