Re: TR3 BRAKE DESPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!!

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 BRAKE DESPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:53:26 -0700
Peter Ryner wrote:

>I can't remember the exact design of the TR3 dust boot, but I believe you
>have to install it in the bore before installing the piston.  It fits in a
>groove at the top of the bore and can't be installed after the piston is
>installed.

Correct.  I get everything poised for assembly (with a piston
temporarily in the opposite side for the first one) block of wood
between the 2 pistons and the piston to be inserted sitting on top of
the dust boot.  Apply mild air pressure to the hose hole and the boot
will inflate and almost want to go around the piston.  All it needs then
is a little help... I use a length of 12g solid copper wire bent into a
hook with the end rounded smooth.

Some brake-approved lube (aka red snot) helps it go together.

First one takes about a minute, by the time you do the fourth it will
pop on in 2 seconds.  Helps to have someone else manning the air pressure.

Geo Hahn