RE: TR3 BRAKE DESPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!!

To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 BRAKE DESPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!!
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:17:47 -0800
I would agree it is normal.  I had a heck of a time with my last rebuild ..
I used 3 sets of those o-rings because the piston would catch part of the
seal and tear a little piece .. any cuts or tears and the seal will be
defective, which you'll discover when you try to bleed the brakes from the
fluid coming out.  Patience, and things to throw help a lot.  Do not lose
that small o-ring gasket that fits in the little hole/passage that allows
fluid to flow from one caliper to the other.  This does not come in any
rebuild kits.

David R. Hammond
63 TR 4       CT17780 LO
68 TR 250   CD185 LO