question re rebuilding

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: question re rebuilding
From: "JONATHAN MOODY" <themoody5@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:50:28 -0500
I am planning on rebuilding this engine over the next year both for time any
budgetary reasons.  I am doing this in my garage, which is not the cleanest
environment.  I have some concerns about doing it over such a long time
period, but it it is what it is.  After I take the block to the machine
shop, what do you guys recommend to both preserve the block and keep it
clean while I am rebuilding?  I am planning on doing the lower end first and
then maybe the head.  I just had my head done on my '73 driver (hardened
seats, valves and rebuilt rocker assembly and I may just put that on the
rebuilt engine. Is the 73 head swapable with a 71 head?  THanks again for
any tips.

Jon

===     http://www.vtr.org