Re: Paint prices??

To: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint prices??
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 20:20:54 -0700
At 3:42 PM -0800 11/4/05, Barry Schwartz wrote:
>He suggested a PPG epoxy primer (grey), catalyzed, so I asked how much for
>a gallon, figuring that it would eventually be used over this entire
>project.  He came back with a quote of almost $200, for the paint and
>catalyst!

In 1998 I had my (then) 21 year old Porsche fixed up and repainted.
This was in a top of the line body shop that specialized in German
cars and did outstanding work - no compromises, e.g., they went
through 4 sets of used front fenders until they found a set they
would use. See the picture in the link below...

Anyway, in 1998 the paint materials (I believe PPG) - primer, color
coat, catalyst, & clear coat - cost $800.

John
--
John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ