TR4 Starter Q

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Starter Q
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:39:29 -0800
My gosh I did not think I would be addressing this problem again with my 64'
TR4.  But alas, my brand new starter motor, a hi-torque one that I purchased
from Moss, no longer works. Thankfully, when I have encountered such problems,
at least my TR conveniently dies once I am back home and it is in the garage.
Anyhow, is no bendix, no nothing, and I just had it installed three weeks ago.
Did I just end up with a so-called "lemon" or is there so other demon at work
that I need to examine.

Tim
from snowy northern California

===     http://www.vtr.org