Re: TR4 Starter Q

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Starter Q
From: "John Runge" <johnrunge1@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:04:17 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
 Tim,

What happened to me was as follows:

I  had a TR3A with a flywheel complete with a bolt-on ring gear.
Perhaps you have a TR4 with a shrink-on ring gear.

Take off the inspection plate on the flywheel housing, you should see the
bolts holding on the ring gear. If not, perhaps that's the problem.

If that's your problem, I'll swap flywheel with you.  :-))

John