RE: Upper Radiator Hose for TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Upper Radiator Hose for TR3A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:38:35 -0800
> Having gotten past my need to look period correct, I'm ready to hop over to
> NAPA and get a generic replacement.  Before I do, a few questions.

You'll be sorry !

> 1.  My radiator inlet nipple is about 1 - 3/4 inches lower than  the
> thermostat housing outlet nipple.  This requires quite a bend in the
> hose to make the
> connection.  Are these two really supposed to be level, or  at least more
> level than that?

Yup, should be closer than that.

> 3.  Any great disadvantage in the NAPA hose not having the ribbed  center
> section of the stock hose?

The hose is rather short, and a long way from the axis of the motor mounts.  The
thermostat housing actually moves a good deal from side to side as the engine
torques on it's mounts.  The flexing will eventually break the radiator.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org