Upper Radiator Hose for TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Upper Radiator Hose for TR3A
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:50:08 EST
The upper radiator hose in my 1960 TR3A chose today to crack and leak, so
it's time to select a replacement.  It's a two-year old cloth covered job  that
I got from one of the usual major suppliers.

Having gotten past my need to look period correct, I'm ready to hop over to
NAPA and get a generic replacement.  Before I do, a few questions.

1.  My radiator inlet nipple is about 1 - 3/4 inches lower than  the
thermostat housing outlet nipple.  This requires quite a bend in the  hose to
make the
connection.  Are these two really supposed to be level, or  at least more
level than that?

2.  NAPA has a two-ply flexible hose and a four-ply rigid hose.   Given the
bending, is the two-ply is the way to go?
_http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_resu
lts_product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28544970&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid_
(http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_
product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28544970&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid) =

_http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_resu
lts_product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28544990&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid_
(http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_
product_detail.d2w/report?prrfnbr=28544990&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid) =

3.  Any great disadvantage in the NAPA hose not having the ribbed  center
section of the stock hose?

4.  Inside diameter appears to be about 1.375 inches.  Sound  about right?

Many thanks.

Bill Stagg

===     http://www.vtr.org